The Theta Ladies are the hottest new high school sorority, and Camille wants in! After seeing the girls perform a fantastic show at her school, Camille's dreaming of donning the pink satin T-shirt of the Thetas...and is beyond flattered when the sorority sisters actually acknowledge her existence. If only she could persuade her best friends -- Alexis, Jasmine, and Angel -- to join with her....
Is it worth the price of admission?
Jasmine has always butted heads with Tori Young, the Theta Ladies president, and she wants no part of the exclusive sorority scene. Camille, Alexis, and Angel are excited to be pledging and are up for any challenge. When it is time to announce new members, Camille and Alexis are accepted and Angel's left out in the cold. Despite her disappointment, Angel encourages her friends to enjoy themselves. But when the real reason for Angel's rejection comes to light, Alexis and Camille must choose: Do they break their commitment to their newfound "sisters" to take a stand for their sister at heart?
Added to Cart
Choose a format:
- Gallery Books |
- 224 pages |
- ISBN 9781416558767 |
- September 2008
To download a file to your computer right-click on the link and choose 'save file as'
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Fair-Weather Friends
Trade Paperback 9781416558767(0.1 MB)
- Author Photo (jpg): ReShonda Tate Billingsley
Photo Credit:(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
Get updates on new releases, awards news, materials for course adoption and conference information
Reading Group Guide
Rachel Adams is trying to find a way to forgive her husband, Pastor Lester Adams, for having an affair. Her task is made all the more difficult by the reappearance of his former mistress, Mary Richardson, in their family’s church. Now pregnant, Mary claims that Lester is the child’s father and is intent on seducing him away from Rachel. Meanwhile, a tragedy rocks the foundation of the Adams family and everyone involved is confronted with an ultimate decision of forgiveness.
Questions and Topics for Discussion
1. What does Rachel’s dream in the novel’s opening chapter reveal about her fears? How is she able to overcome these fears by the end of the book?
2. Despite Lester’s continual refusal of her affections, Mary protests that the love she feels for him is real. Do you think this is true?
3. Rachel fears that her anger is interfering with her growth as a Christian. Do you agree with her decision to leave the church until Mary is removed? Likewise, do y see more