Lost and Found
- reading group guide
- customer reviews
Added to Cart
Lost and Found
Choose a format:
- Atheneum Books for Young Readers |
- 192 pages |
- ISBN 9781416909866 |
- May 2010 |
- Grades 3 - 7 |
- Lexile 780
To download a file to your computer right-click on the link and choose 'save file as'
- Andrew Clements Curriculum Guide (pdf)
- Andrew Clements Curriculum Guide 2013 (pdf)
- Clementsbooksguide (pdf)
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Lost and Found
Trade Paperback 9781416909866(2.2 MB)
- Author Photo (jpg): Andrew Clements
Photo Credit:(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
Hear an Excerpt
Get updates on new releases, awards news, materials for course adoption and conference information
Reading Group Guide
ABOUT THE BOOK
The Grayson twins are moving to a new town. Again. Although it’s a drag to constantly be mistaken for each other, in truth, during those first days at a new school, there’s nothing better than having a twin brother there with you. But on day one of sixth grade, Ray stays home sick, and Jay is on his own. No big deal. It’s a pretty nice school—good kids, too. But Jay quickly discovers a major mistake: No one seems to know a thing about his brother. Ray’s not on the attendance lists, doesn’t have a locker, and doesn’t even have a student folder. Jay almost tells the school–almost–but then decides that this lost information could be very useful. And fun.
As Ray and Jay exploit a clerical oversight, they each find new views on friendship, honesty, what it means to be a twin–and what it means to be yourself. Entertaining, thought-provoking, and true-to-life, this clever novel is classic Andrew Clements times two: twins!
• After reading Lost and Found, talk about the pros and cons of being a twin. How would you feel if you had a twin? Do you think you would like it, or not?
• Jay and Ray are identical twins, but they are also individual people. Discuss their relationship with one another. How are they unlike despite the fact that they look the same? Do you think Jay see more