Alice, Summer, and Tiernan used to be best friends—as well as the self-proclaimed biggest fans of the band Level3. But when the band broke up, so did their friendship.
Now, four years later, they’ve just graduated from high school. When Level3 announces a one-time reunion show in Texas, Alice impulsively buys tickets and invites her two former friends along for the trip. Reluctant at first, both girls agree to go, each with her own ulterior motive. But old resentments and other roadblocks—from unintended detours to lost concert tickets—keep getting in the girls’ way. Will their friendship get an encore, or is the show really over?
Added to Cart
Choose a format:
- Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers |
- 336 pages |
- ISBN 9781442439849 |
- June 2012 |
- Grades 7 and up
To download a file to your computer right-click on the link and choose 'save file as'
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Reunited
Hardcover 9781442439849(1.7 MB)
- Author Photo (jpg): Hilary Weisman Graham
Photograph courtesy of the author(2.7 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
Read an Excerpt
“IS THE BLINDFOLD REALLY NECESSARY?” ALICE ASKED HER PARENTS.
“Yes!” they replied, in stereo.
Her mom tightened the bandanna around her head while her dad squeezed her shoulders. “March!” he commanded, steering her down the hall.
Alice tried not to get her hopes up about this mysterious graduation present—the Chia Pet they’d given her for her eighteenth birthday was still too fresh in her mind—but with all this hype, it was hard not to get a little excited. Especially if her parents remembered to consult the list of gift ideas...see more
Get updates on new releases, awards news, materials for course adoption and conference information
Reading Group Guide
By Hilary Weisman Graham
1. Alice says she buys the concert tickets because it’s a once-in-a-lifetime reunion concert, but what do you think her real reasons are? Describe.
1. Summer thinks that she “never understood what made her and her friends so ‘popular’ anyway, considering half the school hated them”. Is this true in your school? Why or why not?
2. Summer also wonders why her parents "could barely wrap their heads around the fact that she wasn’t going to school with all her friends at UMass Walford. But Summer couldn’t wait to go to Boston College in the fall”. Do you find something like this hard to believe? Why or why not?
1. You’ve now met the three main characters. Each has his or her own unique personality. Describe each character and how they differ. Then describe how they are alike.
1. Tiernan just leaves a note for her mom before leaving. What does this say about Tiernan? Share your views.
2. Tiernan looks at the trip as running away. Do you think that’s what she’s doing? Why or why not? What about the other girls? What could they be running from? Explain.
3. If you were running away, where would you go? Who or what would you take with you?